One Word


I asked for a word.

The response seemed Providential in its familiarity with my penchant for making almost anything unnecessarily complicated:

Not just a single word, but a single syllable.

An invitation
to shake off shadow and wake to wonder.

It has echoed through these dozen months
sometimes singing
often haunting
always reminding
(though I’ve not always heeded).

Giving me permission to pry
my eyes from fear (and its death-bringing clutches),
and, instead,
to look up,
ahead,
fastening my faith to what will come,
and trust that it is Good.

Powerful, that word.

Comments

  1. Powerful word indeed.....canoe safely landed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, and for the response. So encouraging . . . . .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

the oops

Anxious Thoughts: A Blessed Redirection

Resolution Fatigue